Natural Nutritional Products
|100% Pure Antarctic Krill Oil
Strategic Health Marker
Inflammation is the response of living tissue to damage. The acute inflammatory response has 3 main functions:
The cause of acute inflammation may be due to physical damage, chemical substances, micro-organisms or other agents. The inflammatory
response consist of changes in blood flow, increased permeability of blood vessels and escape of cells from the blood into the tissues. The
changes are essentially the same whatever the cause and wherever the site.
- The affected area is occupied by a transient material called the acute inflammatory exudate. The exudate carries proteins, fluid and
cells from local blood vessels into the damaged area to mediate local defenses
- If an infective causitive agent (e.g. bacteria) is present in the damaged area, it can be destroyed and eliminated by components of the
- The damaged tissue can be broken down and partialy liquefied, and the debris removed from the site of damage.
Acute inflammation should be short-lasting, only a few days. If it is longer then it is referred to as chronic inflammation. Examples of
acute inflammation are sore throat, reactions in the skin to a scratch or a burn or insect bite and so on. However, there are exceptions such
as pneumonia, inflammation of the lung rather than pneumonitis and pleurisy, inflammation of the pleura, rather than pleuritis.
Causes of Inflammation
Casuses of inflammation include the following:
- microbial infections - this is the most common from bacteria and virus
- Hypersensitivity or Allergic Reactions - arising from an altered state of immunological responsiveness that causes an inappropriate
or excessive immune reaction damaging the tissues
- Physical agents - arising from physical trama such as burns or frost bites
- Tissue Necrosis - due lack of oxygen or nutrients resulting from inadequate blood flow
Low Persistent Inflammation
The most deadly type of inflammation is where there are no symptoms or physical signs. This is described by Dr Barry Sears as Silent Inflammation. He called it the Silent Killer in his book "The Anti-Inflammation Zone". Such Inflammation
causes aging, heart attack, stroke, cancer and many other health threats
Special Promotion - PRICE REDUCED - for a limited time
Osumex 10-P Test is a non-invasive analysis to detect the presence of bilirubin,
blood, glucose, ketone, leukocyte (white blood cells), nitrite, pH, protein, specific gravity and urobilinogen in urine..
The test is a very good early and preliminary detection of health problems with:
- kidney function
- liver function
- acid-base balance
- bacteriurea - bacteria infection of the bladder
- uncontrolled and possible onset of diabetes mellitus (type-2)
- carbohydrate metabolism
Whilst the test is not conclusive but it is a good preventative measure so that the user can consult his or her professional health care
practitioner to follow up on positive results before it is too late.
Each Osumex 10-P Test kit consists of a test-tube, a strip contained in a pouch, colour chart to check results of the test and an insert
on usage and information. Please see images below.
Click here for full size 10-P Test chart
Click here for more information on the 10-P Test
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
Health Canada and the FDA (USA) have not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent